Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 2: Pencil Skirts

I am so excited to bring you Pencil Skirts! This is another one of those classic pieces that every wardrobe needs. They are extremely versatile & a lot of fun to dress up with. They can be very slimming & make your legs look amazing with the right shoe. I have 4 pencil skirts in different colors & styles, but I chose my most basic black one to show you that these classic pieces don't necessarily have to be anything special, just simple, quality pieces that will last you for years to come!

Photobucket

Ok...Next time, I promise I will iron my examples! Lol. I bought two of these skirts, one black & one gray, at Dillard's for $15 on clearance about a year ago. I love the details & also the cotton stretch fabric.

Photobucket

This is the back. I love the buttoned yoke! It looks awesome with a tucked in shirt!

This week seems to have an animal print theme! Almost every outfit has something leopard or zebra print! What can I say!?! I LOVE IT!

One: Work to Evening

Photobucket

Photobucket

The metallic finish on the wrap tank instantly adds a more dressy look to the outfit. I have worn this several times to work with the cardigan over it, but it would look equally as fabulous for a nice dinner with a clutch & some strappy heels. Metallic zebra wrap tank-Express, Black Lace Cardian-Express, Shoes: BCBGirls

Two: Layered Up

Photobucket

Photobucket

With winter on the way, I thought it would be nice to show you some looks that are both warm & stylish. Buffalo Plaid is HUGE this season as well as opaque tights. I snatched this purple plaid button down at Wal-Mart for only $12.00. For this photo, I would like to point out my rule about tops & skirts--Never wear a flowy top with a flowy skirt, but it's okay to wear a flowy top with a fitted skirt like this pencil skirt. I would also like to point out these shoes! I'm in LOVE! Plaid Top: Miley Cyrus & Max Azria for Wal-Mart, Coat-Wet Seal, Tights-Vera Wang for Kohls, Shoes-BCBGirls (I heart these!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Three: Leopard Print & Ruffles

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love how slimming the black on black is! Tip: If you want to look taller & slimmer, wear one color from head to toe-it doesn't even have to be black! You will notice, however, that even though I am wearing black from head to foot, I have varied the textures. The top is horizontal ruffles (also way hot for fall!), then the cotton skirt, opaque tights & leather boots. Ruffle Top-JcPenny, Cardigan-NY&Co, Boots-Journeys

Four: My Favorite!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this outfit for several reasons. Number one-black, white & red always look amazing together & number 2-This outfit only cost me around $50 for the whole thing! Zebra coat-$20 JcPenny, Red Top-$12 Miley Cyrus & Max Azria for Wal-Mart, Shoes-$7.99 Vanity, Skirt-$15 Dillard's! I also love the variations with the coat buttoned & unbuttoned.

'Til Next Week....Happy Dressing!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips! I think I need to go shopping now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I see why you have 3 + jobs. You work to shop. Iron your clothes. You are embarrassing your momma

    ReplyDelete