Sunday, October 25, 2009

Le cardigan, il est fabuleux!!

This post is all about cardigans! I love cardigans! I own almost as many cardigans as shoes! There are so versatile. They add modesty and class to any outfit. They look great buttoned, unbuttoned, belted and layered. They can make a simple summer top into something warm for winter.

Photobucket

Before I reveal the new outfits, I wanted to show you my new hairdo! I absolutely love the color! I think it's my most favorite ever! :)

Photobucket

I also thought it would be fun to go back & show you how much I have already used cardigans on this blog. As you can see...you can wear them with just about anything.

Look One: Warmed-Up Summer Tee

Photobucket

Photobucket

I pretty much just throw this cardigan over any summer tee. It's neutral, it's warm and it goes with everything! By making summer items warmer, you can almost double your wardrobe year round without having to make special purchases just for fall!

Photobucket

I love these shoes!

Photobucket

I love them so much, that I bought both the brown & black! They go with everything, they are comfortable & I love the bows!
Cardigan: Old Navy, Tee: Express, Jeans: ReRock for Express, Shoes: Me Too

Look Two: Color Splash

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love mixing up color combinations. This is almost a complimentary color scheme...almost. Red & Green are complimentary colors: the pink is a tint of red and the blue has a lot of green in it. So here's a way to wear red & green without looking like Christmas! :) This is also a very summery shirt made warmer with the cardigan, jeans & boots.
Cardigan: Express, Top: American Eagle, Boots: Rack Room Shoes

Look Three: Black & Brown

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Yes! You can wear black & brown together! I will confess that I have been very skeptical of this my whole life, but since I started mixing them together, I can't help but love it! I still don't think I would ever wear just plain brown & plain black together, but add some snake skin & I'm mixing it! This outfit also features a skinny belt & my new booties--two huge trends for this fall!
Cardigan: Express, Dress: Express, Shoes: Rack Room Shoes

Look Four: Plum & Grey

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am in love with this color scheme! It's perfect for fall! I also love the details in this outfit. Each piece has incredible details which is what I find most appealing in clothing.

Photobucket

The stitching & pleating on this waistband is incredible! Great for defining your waist!

Photobucket

These tights look like jeans! They even have the gold stitching & tiny diagonal stripes to make them look like a tweed weave which is how denim is weaved. I LOVE them! Perfect for tucking in boots & way more exciting than just black or brown!

Photobucket

This plum flyaway cardigan is my newest wardrobe addition. I love the color and it's made out of modal. Modal is one of my most favorite fibers! It feels incredible & drapes really well. The sheets on my bed are made out of modal & they feel so nice! I also love the huge ruffle that trims the whole cardigan. Flyaway cardigans are also a huge trend for fall!

Photobucket

I heart these boots! They have been so useful! They are warm for walking around campus & can be worn with just about anything. I love the textured leather & the studded straps are amazing!!
Cardigan: Express, Dress: American Eagle, Tights: Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment