Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumps Are A Girl's Best Friend!

PUMPS! I love them so much! I just can't get enough of them! Pumps really are "a girl's best friend." What else can make you feel tall, slender, confident and fabulous like a pair of pumps? Not only do they create a flattering silhouette, but they come in round toe, pointy toe, peep toe, suede, patten leather, satin, metallics, leopard, striped, with buckles, buttons, ruffles & so much more that it is impossible to list them all. They are sold at all price points & heel heights. The variety is endless & so are the style possibilities!

Look 1: Dressed-Up Jeans

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ok! I know I'm obsessed with these amazing purple, patchwork snake skin pumps. This is the second week in a row that I've featured them! In this look, they dress up the jeans without being too formal. I chose my "skinny" jeans because I didn't want the leg opening to cover too much of the shoe. FYI: Skinny jeans are great for showing off shoes. Cardigan: Express, Plaid Shirt: Wal-Mart, Jeans: American Eagle, Shoes: BCBGirls

Look 2: Comfort For Work

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have had these shoes for a really long time. These were actually my very first pair of pointy toed shoes, so they will always have sentimental value. These are a great classic example because of the color, buckle & stitching. All of these elements add detail, but not enough to make them distinguishable from one season to the next. To make this outfit look trendy, I added the vest with the thin belt which is really popular right now. Another important aspect of these shoes is the d'orsay silhouette (shoes with a heel & toe, but no sides) and also the low heel. These two features make these shoes extremely comfortable. I can wear these to work & stand for hours without any pain. With the open sides, your feet are not squished inside & the low heel helps relieve pressure on the balls of the foot. Vest & Turtleneck: Dillards, Pants: JcPenny, Shoes: Gadzooks (shows you how old they are since the one here has been closed for almost 2 years!)

Look 3: Vintage

Photobucket

Photobucket

I absolutely love this dress that I found for only $7.50 at JcPenny's last week! It's a very small leopard print with satin trimming. It's also a very slimming shape for just about any body type--it creates a well-defined waist, hides hips & the widest part of the arms. I love the purple with this! You don't have to have purple in your outfit to wear purple. Who wants to be boring "matchy matchy" anyway!?!? Not me!

Look 4: Classy Elegance

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is another dress I found at JcPenny for $20. (Regulary $110!) I love the elegance of black & cream with the gold & pearl accessories. It's so beautiful together! These pumps were my first pair of BCBGirls! I bought them at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN one Christmas on a family vacation, so they will always hold those memories for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment